- Ray Mann and Naomi Darling continued their Mellon-funded “Bridging Studio” this year. Intended to bridge the curriculums between the liberal arts Five College Architectural Studies program and UMass’s professional program, the studio focuses on the question of how to embed cultural awareness and study into the design process, with research and design projects based in Japan.
- Students in Ray’s Graduate Design II course were also commissioned to design a new Graduate Commons on the second floor of the DuBois Library, to be implemented in 2017.
- UMass Master of Architecture Graduate Thesis advisor since department accreditation.
Project by Nayef Mudawar Spring 2015
- Examples of recent student work at UMass
- The studio at the FAC UMass…